Norwegian launches Denver and Seattle, Norwegian taking over Argentina?, Amazon Cash launches, 100,000 Bonus points British Airways card, Alaska happy with Virgin, 3x on gas purchases with the AMEX Platinum
– Norwegian is adding routes from Denver and Seattle to London
As usual flights can be booked right away at the time of the press release and there are a number of promo fares available.
– Norwegian is also serious about the launch of the domestic Argentine airline
Norwegian (DY, Oslo Gardermoen) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Bjorn Kjos has confirmed the carrier’s nascent South American unit, Norwegian Air Argentina (Buenos Aires Aeroparque), has submitted an application for route authorities to the Argentine government as it prepares to launch late rthis year.
A route determination board (Junta Asesora del Transporte Aéreo – JATA) in Argentina’s civil aviation authority (Administración Nacional de Aviación Civil – ANAC) is due to hear a second round of applications for domestic and route authorities later this month. It follows from the first round which ended in March with 135 route authorities granted to each of Alas del Sur, American Jet (Argentina), and Andes Líneas Aéreas.
“We have delivered the papers and we have also applied for the routes,” Kjos told Bloomberg news. “We’re looking to serve a lot of cities domestically, but it depends on the concessions.”
According to the CEO, Norwegian plans to base ten B737s and an unspecified number of B787s out of Argentina for use in developing domestic flights as well as international services to London, Paris, Barcelona El Prat, Oslo Gardermoen, Copenhagen Kastrup, and Stockholm Arlanda.
– Chase and British Airways are back with the 100,000 Avios bonus point credit card
The full bonus will only come after a massive $33,000 – albeit you do have a full year to do that.
– Amazon has launched Amazon Cash – I haven’t tried it yet but this could potentially be a good way to manufacture spend?
Their unique domestic network with huge margins and limited competition and their clever list of long-haul partners seem to help the Virgin merger – the management now sees bigger savings than at the time of the merger – when does this ever happen?
– I’m really happy with my Mercedes Benz credit card (I have just used the annual $100 free voucher for some nifty Mercedes wear) – little did I know that you can get 3x on gas station purchases for the first $15,000 in spend