Buy IHG and Wyndham points at Daily Getaways, U.S. Bank launches new Premium card Altitude?, Delta loosing star performer rank, United with a troubling story, airBaltic to see change of ownership?
– Daily Getaways is back with the points packages sale – this week IHG Rewards Club and Wyndham Rewards have packages for sale
IHG Rewards Club
– 8,500 points for $49
– 15,000 points for $89
– 50,000 points for $299
– 130,000 points for $749 – 1,000 available
IHG Rewards Club allows you to purchase four packages each.
– 15,000 points for $175
All of those offers make sense if you have an immediate redemption in mind. Wyndham allows you to purchase points at the similar price level through points.com. However you are limited to 5,000 points per account per year. If you are having a specific redemption mind buying the points and the redeeming might be a good option.
– U.S. Bank seems serious in launching a new Altitude card that earns 3x on travel and comes with $325 in travel credit (after a $450 annual fee)
– Delta – the star performer in network operations has been hit badly last week when a five hour long storm proved too much for the airline to handle resulting in 3,500 (!) cancelled flights
– United Airlines is in the news with a serious incident – a passenger got hurt after he was forcibly removed from a plane that was overbooked (to make space for the crew)
Details are still emerging but it seems several factors were at play including an ever overzealous law enforcement.
– airBaltic might see a hostile takeover soon?