– American Express made the announced changes for Platinum cards live today – here’s what you need to know
Personal Platinum cards now universally come with a 60,000 Membership Rewards sign-up bonus after $5,000 spend and a $550 annual fee. The Mercedes Benz Platinum Card was also changed to the same regime (the card comes with a $100 per year Mercedes Benz gift certificate).
The Uber credits work and if you add your Platinum Card in your Uber app it will show $15 credit for March (you only have today and tomorrow to use it on Uber or Uber EATS).
All Platinum cards now allow two complimentary guests when using Priority Pass Lounges.
To order the shiny new metal cards – you can use the Account Management and click on damaged card to order a new card (that did not show teh metal option for me yet, but it does for others).
– The Business American Express Platinum cards keep teh $450 annual fee but don’t get the Uber credits.
There are a number of ‘non-public’ offers for Business cards out there including a 75,000 Membership Rewards Platinum card with a massive $20,000 spend requirement. This handy guide worked for me on the first try.
– Indigo Airlines pilots (India’s biggest and most professional) have been asked to not exceed 30,000 feet when flying teh new A320neos
IndiGo Airlines (6E, Delhi Int’l) has advised its pilots to operate at a maximum altitude of 30,000 feet when flying its A320neos due to concerns over the aircraft’s Pratt & Whitney engines, reports Live Mint. The news site has seen a copy of a note from Ashim Mittra, IndiGo’s Vice President of Flight Operations, which further advises pilots to carry additional fuel to accommodate the lower altitude flights.
– Qatar is now loaning laptops to Business Class passengers – this is all so silly!
– apparently Lufthansa Miles & More is now able to book award tickets on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong to Australia and New Zealand
According to the award chart it will be 100,000 miles one-way in Business Class. Fuel surcharges are usually very low when departing from Hong Kong. If you have too many Miles & More miles this might be a good way to use it for a low YQ redemption.