– This is an amazing account of what happened at St. Helena airport for the last 12 months (since that fateful Comair landing with wind shear).
The good news it seems more airlines will add service and most likely it will happen during 2017! The report also cites low numbers of passengers to arrive but I’m sure lots of people will be curious of flying there.
– AsiaMiles has come out with their long expected 25,000 Asiamiles US credit card
AsiaMiles is not an easy program to take advantage of and American and Alaska both see decent award availability from Cathay Pacific. The card is issued by Synchrony Bank.
– American Express has a very generous promotion with Air France 20,000 Membership Rewards points if you spend just $1,000 with Air France/ KLM
You will find the offer in your account management (not everyone is targeted). Air France has been very aggressive up until a few months ago in sales. That’s just two tickets to Europe and you get 20,000 Membership Rewards on top – great offer if you are shopping for Economy tickets anyways.
– Air Arabia’s profits surprisingly shrunk in 2016 while they had more flights and similar load factors
Something is going on in the Gulf that isn’t easily explained by a lower oil price – the huge growth in passenger numbers has stalled suddenly.
– Hilton has a new promotion that gives you the 4th night free in many Caribbean resorts
– Delta is paying out a record $1 billion in profit sharing to their 80,000 employees – that’s $12,500 on average per employee – not too shabby!
– Delta clearly has a cash flow problem – one with too much free cash – the company is also pursuing to buy more shares in AeroMexico (besides Avianca)