– QR is back with some great Business Class fares form Europe to Asia this time two people are required to get the lowest prices i.e Sofia, Bulgaria to Singapore is just $2,105 RT in Business Class for two people (or $1,053 per person)
– read this spot-on write-up at Aviation Week to learn about the three main Chinese mainland carriers strategy for 2017
– meanwhile Garuda is planning a major push into more rural Indonesia markets with 78 new destinations that are not served so far – the problem the runways are too short and Garuda would need a lot of new small planes
– drone manufacturer Kratos is developing the XQ-222 right now – the drone will not just look like a fighter plane but also act like one with a 3,000 mile radius enough for a flight Guam to China and back – sounds like science fiction? The delivery date is 2019!
– Lufthansa recently received it’s first A350-900 – surprising to most is the 2-2-2 Business Class configuration in the somewhat smaller aircraft without a new seat – the plane is scheduled for the daily Munich – Boston service first
– Russia has finally decided to make single entry visas cheaper but also increased the price for 3 year visas for US citizens, up until now the same 3 year Russian visa (that I have) did cost the same as a single entry and needed the EXACT same forms and documents to apply (and be approved for)
– Hilton has updated the Status Match website and allows matches to the Diamond and Gold level now if you have status with a competitor
The easiest status to get is usually IHG Platinum (via the Chase IHG Rewards Club credit card) or by getting Best Western to give you a trial elite status. However Hilton now requires real stays in order to keep the status.