Lufthansa & Etihad ‘mini merger’, new South African 330, RwandaAir A330 Business Class, World of Hilton, 2,000 points per Hilton stay, 70,000 Chase United card, buy access to Emirates lounges & more
– Etihad and Lufthansa already agreed ‘mini-merger‘ goes much further than people think – Etihad will relocate into the sacred halls of Lufthansa in Munich and Frankfurt and the companies will work together in a number of areas – if that’s no preparation for a merger – what is?
– RwandAir’s First Airbus A330-200 is out and it features the same Business Class product as Swiss and Brussels use (Review)e
The A330 will do just intra-Africa runs for now but soon will go to routes in Asia and Europe.
– Meanwhile South African showcases their new A330 cabin layout – which is (you guessed it) the exact same seat that RwandaAir bought!
– while I was in Zambia Hilton announced major changes to Hilton HHonors – Frequent Miler analyzes the new World of Hilton (yes they must have liked World of Hyatt a little too much)
There seems to be more opportunity than downside with the changes. Lets see once details will emerge. I don’t see any reason to make speculative points bookings unless you have a stay in Category 1-2 planned. (which may always go away quickly)
– Hilton now has the 2,000 points per stay promotion live – if you have a number of stays in cheaper Hilton properties planned this can be a great points maker
– meanwhile Lufthansa is retiring their fuel burning A340 in anticipation of more A350 planes
Flightradar24 ADS-B data shows D-AIHM (msn 762) was ferried from Munich to Marana on January 24. Its last commercial service – LH425 Boston-Munich – took place on November 5 of last year.
The German carrier is replacing the outgoing quadjets with more economical A350-900s of which it has twenty-five on order from Airbus Industrie (AIB, Toulouse Blagnac). The first of the type – D-AIXA (msn 74) – was delivered in December last year with the remainder due to arrive through 2023.
– I almost missed the PointBreaks this time – most of the hotels never fit my travel plans but 5,000 points is a deal and they may fit your plans until April 30th
– You can now walk up to an Emirates lounge (Business and First) and just demand access against a small fee of $100 and $200 and brag to your friends on Facebook with a meal and glass of champagne
This benefit is available only to Members for themselves and any additional companion(s) they wish to bring along, provided their companion is also travelling onwards on the same Emirates flight. This benefit of paid lounge access is available only at Emirates Lounges at Dubai International Airport and only in case onward travel is on an Emirates flight. The fees specified for availing this benefit per adult for 4 hours of lounge access are as follows:
First Class Lounges = USD 200 / AED 720
Business Class Lounges = USD 100 / AED 360
Emirates Lounge = USD 100 / AED 360
Upgrade from Business Class Lounge to First Class Lounge = USD 100 / AED 360
– United and Chase keep upping the ante for the Chase Mileage Explore Personal card – it is now a staggering 70,000 bonus points – more than I have ever seen!
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Airbus | AIRPORT | Asia | bonus | bonus points | BUSINESS CLASS | business class lounge | Card | Chase | deal | december | Dubai | Emirates | Etihad | Europe | fees | First Class | First Class lounge | Flight | Frankfurt | Hilton | Holidays Inn | hotel booking | Hotels | hyatt | LOUNGE | Lounges | lufthansa | merger | Photo Review | Pointbreaks | points | promotion | review | RwandaAir | South African | SWISS | travel | Traveling | world | World of Hyatt | Zambia