Norwegian plans US Germany flights, best long haul Economy, depressed airline pilots and a lost teddy bear
– the Sun has taken to rating the Economy Class service of major airlines and found Turkish and Singapore to be the best
– Dubai is undeterred by recent passenger drops at the ‘old’ Dubai airport and is continuing to invest $36 billion (!) in the new Dubai World Airport outside of Dubai
– investigators have found traces of explosives on Egyptair 804 victims
– this is a big story making its rounds the last few days – I think it is overly alarming – but still one in eight pilots might suffer from depression
– what an odd story and even more odd how the TSA blog spins this story about the large teddy bear at LAX
– Norwegian (here is my review of their excellent Economy) is planning to launch flights from Düsseldorf, Germany to the US next year with their existing ‘mode of operation’ with just a few short haul connection options and plenty of 787 log-haul operations
Norwegian is adding a feeder agreement with Ryanair as well. Unless you can make money on $300 transatlantic round trips I would be concerned (I doubt Lufthansa can make any money under $500 RT).