IHG changes award redemption levels, Ethiopian Cheap Business Class from Hong Hong, Wings $10 off promo codes, Starwood pulling Virgin America, Qatar invest in LATAM, new Niagara Falls Doubletree
– Ethiopian Airlines has some good Business Class fares from Hong Kong (HKG) to several African heartland destinations – only Harare (HRE) priced out for us so far at $1,477 RT but we think there are more, albeit prices don’t show on ITA Matrix
The legs are on the 787 for the long-haul and mix of 737/ 777 for the shorter legs.
– IHG is changing award redemption levels for 650 properties – for me it seems to follow the trend of appreciating and depreciating currencies – Canada and Chain get cheaper while Russia and Brazil are bouncing back – take a look yourself
– while Etihad preferred to invest in big money loosing European Airlines, Qatar is investing in British Airways and now $600 million in LATAM
– Starwood is pulling Virgin America on January 6th as a transfer partner – so get your transfers in order before that date
– an interesting read about how hackable the bar codes and airline itineraries are