Updated IHG Corporate Rate Code List for October 2016
What is the IHG Corporate Rate Code List?
The InterContinental Hotels Groupis one of many big travel brands that negotiates a discount for a corporation's employees. If a company has a large footprint in the hotel area then the discount is likely to be bigger and the reverse is also true. If you're a corporate traveler, you can frequently benefit from cheaper stays at IHG propertiesby booking your stay in advance online usinga particular code. These rates are generally stated as strictly only for corporate use by employees, whomay well need relevant ID when checking in.
We recently published a list of IHG corporate codesand compared those rates with booking on IHG without a corporate code. Some codes only work with certain properties and on particular dates, so we wanted to try anothertest booking to see what kind of discount you can get.
What else is in this post?
- What is the IHG Corporate Rate Code List?
- How do I use the IHG Corporate Rate Code List?
- What else do I need to know about the IHG Corporate Rate Code List?
How do I use the IHG Corporate Rate Code List?
Ifyour organizationhas a preferred corporate account with IHG, you can add the code (also known as an account number) tothe Corporate IDbox in order todisplay your company's preferential rates. Use the 'Advanced Search' and then add the code to the 'Corporate ID' box:
Before you book, you can check the rate rules and compare the room cost with the Best Flexible Ratefor both IHG Rewards members and non-members.
For our tests, we chose one night at theInterContinental Miami on May 22nd, 2017.It comes out at a high $399 plus tax for the Best Available Flexible Rate or $375.06 plus tax for the IHG Rewards member rate.
Unfortunately, the following codesdidn't bring up any corporate ratesfor our test (although some of them do work for other dates and properties):
- 100862437 Ace Hardware Corp
- 100189760 Rutgers University
- 000251321 Bayer
- 54410926 Cisco
- 000136905 EDS
- 100172336 Federal Express Supply Chain Services
- 100190819 Federal Express Ground
- 100857591 Federal Express Freight Viking
- 954105683 Federal Express Freight American Freightways
- 954288433 Federal Express Custom Critical
- 970001266 Federal Express Trade Networks
- 000478113 Loyola University
- 000505056 MBS Textbook Exchange
- 900033305 NWCT
- 100371240 Honda
- 105406 Kraft
- 109568 Bank Of America
- 100857558 Microsoft
However, these corporate codes worked to give us a discount of between 1% and 9% off the Best Flexible Rate for IHG Rewards members for this particular booking:
- 100211707 Lenovo - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 128554Motorola - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 954284898 Dell - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 128813 Coca-Cola - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 000109207 Federal Express Corporate/Express/Services - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 293512 Walmart - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 000103772 Ford - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 101672 3M - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 100183394 Oracle - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 000243132 IBM - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 000104256 Siemens - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 150711 AT&T - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 262552 ConocoPhillips - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 954409548 Toyota - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 100016221 Fujitsu - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 108146 UPS - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 953100013Philips - $341.15 - save 9% ($33.91)
- 900000588 Lafarge - $351.12 - save 6% ($23.94)
- 924806 Lowe's - $351.12 - save 6% ($23.94)
- 000102806 General Electric - $359.10 - save4% ($15.96)
- 954284247 Network Appliance - $371.07 - save 1% ($3.99)
- 888400 Target - $371.07 - save 1% ($3.99)
Using the following code actually gives you a slightly higher price than the usual Best Flexible Rate for members for this booking:
- 900300707 CAUBO - $379.05 - 1% more ($3.99)
What else do I need to know about the IHG Corporate Rate Code List?
It's always useful to compare the corporate rate you're using with other rates on the IHG website, so you can see exactly how much of a discount you're getting. In our last comparison article, General Electric employees could get a whopping 70% discount off theBest Flexible Rate for IHG Rewards members for a stay at theInterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile on June 6th, 2017.
In our new test booking, the biggest discount for any of these companies' employees at the InterContinental Miami on May 22nd, 2017, was only 9%.
Don't assume that a corporate code is defunct if it doesn't work for your booking,as with this hotel brand it depends on several factors;your YMMV depending on the property, dates and availability, so if your travel plans are flexible, try another search with your company's corporate code.
Keep in mindthat IHG can bevigilant about codes being abused and if you try to check in without proof that you are entitled to use a corporate code, you could lose your place to stay or end up having to pay the rack rate instead!