New York – Cebu $173, Pointbreaks live, Silkair adds Laos, Turkish adds Seychelles, new Chase Marriott offer
– Philippine Airlines has an amazing $173 RT fare from New York to Cebu, it seems to go away but try cheapoair.com for dates next year – it’s still showing it as of the time of writing
– the new PointBreaks list went live earlier today – since many properties book out quickly – check it put before most are gone
– Silkair is extending their existing Laos service to Vientiane to Luang Prabang, there aren’t a lot of flights to Laos and Silkair flights can be a good deal from redemption of Krisflyer miles (sadly Silkair can’t be booked as part of a Star Alliance partner itinerary)
– Turkish Airlines has added flights to the Seychelles, now you can redeem Star Alliance miles on Turkish from many airports in the US to the Indian Ocean island. Not so long ago Emirates had a virtual monopoly flying widebody planes to the Seychelles.
– Marriott and Chase have a new credit card offer – two free nights (up to Category 5) and $200 statement credit. I believe the 80,000 points is the best offer (as it gives you up to 10 nights for free) but it all depends on how you’d like to use it