– I’m still somewhat in the dark what you can and can not do when traveling to Cuba – I always had another passport to travel but never got around to see the island anyways – this handy guide spells it all out
There are 12 categories of authorized travel to Cuba: family visits; official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations; journalistic activity; professional research and professional meetings; educational activities; religious activities; public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions; support for the Cuban people; humanitarian projects; activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes; exportation, importation, or transmission of information or informational materials; and certain authorized export transactions.
– Gulf Air FalconFlyer miles are tough to get (the airline is a an AAdvantage redemption partner though) but if you have miles – the company runs a 50% off redemption on all Economy flights – and November is high season in the Gulf
The promotion for 50% off FalconFlyer miles redemption allows Gulf Air passengers traveling on Economy class and Falcon Gold across the airline’s network during the month of November to redeem their FalconFlyer miles for Gulf Air tickets – at a 50% discounted rate*.
– RwandAir recently got its first long-haul Aircraft, an A330 and has a few more Boeing 787 scheduled for delivery next year.
The airline has confirmed plans to fly to Guangzhou, Mumbai and London and make Kigali (it is also building a new airport) a major air transport hub. Rwanda is a country that can actually achieve their lofty goals.
– Air Arabia is launching Baku in spring 2017, Baku is one of the destinations on my list for 2017, but look at what Air Arabia charges for a ‘promotional’ fare!
– the Emirates Business Class lounge at concourse B has gotten an $11 million refurbishment, but wait they laud their new Costa Coffee Barista experience? Now Costa Coffee isn’t exactly known for high end espresso beverages. I’d love to try this out!
– KLM is restarting daily service to Teheran, Iran – but look at the name they gave their inaugural jet – those Dutch are bold people!
Recommended for you:
- My Favorite Flights and Award Redemptions for 2017
- Qatar Regional Business Class Review – Doha (DOH) to Kigali (KGL) via Entebbe (EBB) A320
- Pearl Lounge – Kigali Airport Executive Lounge Review
- Qatar Business Class Lounge Al Mourjan Review Doha Airport
- Earn up to 36,000 Skywards Bonus Miles on Emirates new flights from Boston
- Interview with Cacinda Maloney – PointsandTravel.com
- Island Hopper $393, Uzbekistan goes visa free (not), Qatar adds Amenity Kits in Economy, Chase Fairmont and Chase Ritz Carlton card changing, Delta adding more routes from Seattle and more news from RwandaAir and Spicejet
- Interview with Grant Thomas from TravelwithGrant.com
- Great Business Class fares from Dublin to the US, United.com eliminates Ethiopian Airlines, African Union passports, Hainan Airlines buying Alitalia?, Finnair and Alaska start frequent flyer partnership, Air Namibia gets DOT approval, what is the UN health agency up to?
- Featured – Another Delta Sweet Double – 127,000 miles with two limited-time credit card offers – and here is what we would do with it
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: 787 | AAdvantage | aircraft | airline | AIRPORT | BUSINESS CLASS | business class lounge | Cuba | destinations | Economy | Economy Class | Emirates | flights | Gulf Air | Holidays Inn | hotel booking | Island | Kigali | LOUNGE | miles | PASSPORT | Photo Review | promotion | Rwanda | travel | Traveling
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |