– Air India has snatched an unofficial new world record with their flight from New Delhi (DEL) to San Francisco (SFO) over the Pacific at 9,506 miles last week
– However aviation safety in India can be a real issue as these two incidents show – this is from the investigation into a Jet Airways flight last year
“Do you know where it (runway) is?” the cockpit voice recorder quoted the first officer as asking the commander, and the reply was, “Just going blindly.” When the aircraft was approaching Kochi for landing it had 4,844 kg fuel. It tried to land there thrice but due to bad weather the pilots were not able to see the runway and the fuel fell to 2,644 kg.
The pilots then opted for Thiruvananthapuram. There too the plane tried to land three times. After the sixth failed landing, the crew took a sharp turn at low height that set off the enhanced ground proximity warning system alarm in the cockpit. “The manoeuvre activated the EGPWS, which warned repeatedly, ‘Terrain, terrain pull up’. The captain continued the approach with all warnings and no visual contact of the runway,” the report said.
This does not inspire a lot of trust! And another incident just happened last week.
Air Tahiti is serious about making those four new 787-9 really nice planes.
Air Tahiti Nui will equip four of its Boeing 787-9s with Panasonic’s inflight Wi-Fi service as well as its eX3 IFE system. The platform will offer passengers a high-definition screen and the latest advances in IFE together with an advanced broadband service through eXConnect.
Panasonic’s eXConnect operates over the company’s Ku-band satellite network – the only global broadband inflight connectivity service in operation today. The technology will guarantee that Air Tahiti flyers receive a unique on-board experience enabling them to send emails, access the Internet and social media channels.
Other Panasonic clients include for instance Singapore Airlines.
– Club Carlson is running a 75% bonus points promotion when you buy points – just for the week
Those are usually good value if you redeem for a property that charges high cash room rates (make sure it is available on points though).
Recommended for you:
- $99 fares to/from Mexico City, 30,000 AA Bonus miles, $50 off Tripadvisor hotels, 10% off Qatar flights, 1,000 Aeroplan miles and exciting new airline routes
- Jet Airways Economy Review New Delhi (DEL) to Kathmandu (KTM) (and return) B737, ITC Lounge Review DEL, Executive Lounge Review KTM
- Wow San Francisco – Mexican Pacific Coast $319 RT Business Class, Santiago – Moscow $1,879 Business, Singapore Airlines Europe – New Zealand $2,546, AA BusinessExtra promotion
- Why you should sign-up for a Chase Ink Plus Business Card
- My Favorite Flights and Award Redemptions for 2017
- Alaska Mileage Plan adds Singapore Airlines, great Amex offers incl. 10,000 Membership Rewards points on Virgin Atlantic, 100,000 AMEX Hilton Surpass offer, so many new airline routes…
- Great credit cards offers for October 2015
- Great credit cards offers for October 2015
- awesome AMEX spend bonuses, Copa Business Class goes lie-flat, Hawaiian launches Boston flights, will there be a new European LCC?, cheaper Singapore Airlines Business Class awards, Flying Blue now books Air Tahiti Nui
- $5 Wingz coupon, Singapore Airlines new planes, Trump takes on the aviation industry, Air France to set up Boost LCC, Crystal Visa Inifinite 70,000 Bonus offer
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: 787 | Air India | Air Tahiti Nui | aircraft | airlines | Airways | bonus | bonus points | Club Carlson | Flight | Holidays Inn | hotel booking | India | Jet Airways | miles | New Delhi | offer | pacific | Photo Review | points | promotion | San Francisco | Singapore | Singapore Airlines | Traveling | world
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |