– IHG is providing up to 100% bonus when buying IHG points
The offer is targeted though many readers report the 100% bonus. 120,000 IHG points come out to $690. That’s a great deal as I redeemed 20,000 points per night at many properties that charge $250+ cash rates. That is like halving your average rate.
– there are strong rumors that Brazil will waive the $160 visa fee for Americans (and Australians) soon on a 12 months trial basis, Argentina and Chile have done so in the last years – that would be awesome
– Cathay Pacific is launching a Tel Aviv flight March 2017 – this enables some cool redemption to Israel – Alaska will likely let you redeem 67,500 miles (with a free stop-over) to Tel Aviv (as they do to other Middle East destinations), it’s also just ~15,000 Avios one-way and fuel surcharges from Hong Kong airport don’t really exist
– Ryanair has many seats in November (Tuesday and Wednesday) for just GBP 2 – the website we duly down a few minutes ago
– I haven’t flown Delta and American Business Class lately but this is a great summary of how United, Delta and American Business Class will look like in 2017/2018
– Gary reminds us that 90,000 Starpoints are currently really enough for a Business Class to Asia and a hotel for one week using Marriott Vacation Packages and AAdvantage – I wish I had some Starpoints (or the equivalent 270,000 Marriott Points!)
– Emirates will move their hub from Dubai (DXB) airport to the Al Maktoum airport – don’t be shocked it won’t happen for another 8 years