What’s the NYC Airporter?
The NYC Airporter is the official shuttle bus operator for the DOT and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, providing transport between:
- Grand Central and JFK Airport
- Grand Central and LaGuardia Airport
- Penn Station and JFK Airport
- Penn Station and LaGuardia Airport
- Port Authority and JFK Airport
- Port Authority and LaGuardia Airport
- JFK Airport to Bryant Park
- LaGuardia Airport to Bryant Park
- JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport
- LaGuardia Airport and Newark Airport
- JFK Airport and Newark Airport
The operator often has online specials and discounts, such as $2 off a single trip or $4 off a round-trip. Currently, you can travel between Manhattan’s Grand Central, Penn Station, Port Authority or Bryant Park and LGA for just $26 return (saving $2 total)or JFK for just $30 return (saving $4 total).
NYC Airporter also offer a free shuttle van service to Times Square mid-town hotels between 23rd and 63rd Streets for shuttle bus customers from the Bryant Park bus stop.
How do I use the NYC Airporter?
The operator is located at the welcome center’s ground transportation desk at every LGA or JFK airport terminal.
To save time (and often money), you can buy your tickets online in advance and then just present your printed confirmation when you board.
How does Uber compare?
Cost-wise, if you’re traveling from JFK, it’s not great news. Uber recently eliminated airport flat rate fares between JFK and Manhattan, with the fares now being calculated based on standard New York City time and distance rates. A year ago the flat rate was $100 (increased from $85) but depending on your destination in Manhattan now, the cost can now be well over $100.
However, if you’re new to Uber and prefer a car to a bus for your JFK airport run, you can get $30 off your first ride by signing up through our referral link.
Plus if you don’t mind sharing, you can request uberPOOL, the Uber carpool option, from JFK and it’ll cost 25% less than uberX.
What else do I need to know about the NYC Airporter vs Uber?
You need to print off your web voucher if you buy your tickets online with NYC Airporter, as they won’t let you board otherwise.
While it’s much cheaper to travel by shuttle bus, it’s much more comfortable and more convenient to take Uber. NYC Airport has gathered some poor reviews in the recent past, especially when it comes to time-keeping, so Uber wins here on several accounts.
Get Real Time Deal Alerts and access to 5,000+ Daily Flight Deals and more than 100,000 hotel rates sorted by deals with a Mighty Travels Premium Subscription.
Recommended for you:
- Uber New York City – FREE Rolls Royce ride 3/12 – 3/15 with code RoyalRideNYC
- Book the Hilton Explore NYC package and get a $100 Amex gift card and $25 Uber credit!
- Weekly Summary – 4,000 bonus Alitalia MilleMiglia, spend $25 & get a free $15 gift card, $30 Uber, cheap flights to Scandinavia
- Uber – huge list of promo codes for U.S. and UK users
- New Uber $25 coupon – use code DELTA25
- UberEATS Los Angeles $25 of totally free food with the code FREEFRESH
- Weekly Summary – 1,000 Hilton HHonors, 1,500 United MileagePlus, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan 40% bonus, Cologne to Dubai $219 RT, Cologne to Bangkok $427 RT
- Review: United Business Class – New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO) p.s. Service
- 2 free Uber rides up to $65 each for Amex cardmembers
- 4 free uberPOOL rides for Capital One cardholders in select cities this weekend
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Airporter | single trip
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |