Table of Contents
- 1 Why the American Express Platinum Travel Benefits and Services outweigh the Annual Fee
- 2 The Top 9 American Express Platinum Travel Benefits and Services that you get as a Cardmember
- 3 With 40,000 Membership Rewards, your American Express Platinum Travel world got so much brighter
Why the American Express Platinum Travel Benefits and Services outweigh the Annual Fee
With its high annual fee that is not waived ($450!) it appears at first glance that the American Express Platinum credit card is overpriced, but as we’ve explained before, that fee is easily outweighed by the card’s perks and sign-up bonus; you can even ‘make’ money with this card.
In addition to the great redemption options available with your sign-up bonus points, the card provides excellent American Express Platinum travel benefits and services.
The Top 9 American Express Platinum Travel Benefits and Services that you get as a Cardmember
– VIP Lounge Access. You and your additional Platinum Card members have free access to participating Delta Sky Club lounges and the awesome Centurion Lounges, as well as Priority Pass membership.
– $200 Airline Fee Reimbursement per calendar year. We previously outlined how to get $200 per calendar year (and $400 in the first year of card membership) here.
– Free Boingo Unlimited Pass to use in all Global WiFi hotspots.
– Platinum Travel Service – the Amex travel agency that’s at your disposal 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in either Spanish or English. You get airline ticket and car rental benefits, including discounts and companions offers and free membership to Hertz #1 Club Gold. With the Amex Fine Hotels, Resorts & Spas program you can get hotel offers, room upgrades, daily continental breakfast for two people, late check-out and more.
– Platinum Travel Assistance includes medical and legal assistance as well as baggage protection.
(Picture courtesy of aswetravel)
– Automatic Travel Accident Insurance covers you and your additional cardmembers when you travel on a plane, bus, train or ship and charge your ticket to your American Express Platinum card.
– Car Rental Insurance covers you for against damage to, or theft of, most rental vehicles if you simply refuse the insurance offered by the commercial rental car company before you sign the contract.
– ‘Express Cash‘ gives you instant global cash access, up to your cash advance limit, at over 500,000 ATM’s worldwide.
– Free upgrades to Starwood Preferred Guest Gold and Hilton HHonors Gold as well as Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards and National Car Rental Emerald Club Executive. Thanks to Brady San Jacinto for the reminder on Twitter!
With 40,000 Membership Rewards, your American Express Platinum Travel world got so much brighter
The American Express Platinum travel benefits and services are all great reasons to apply for this card, but don’t forget that the 40,000 Membership Rewards sign-up bonus points is the most valuable aspect of your sign-up, as you can use them to:
– Nearly buy an Aeroplan one-way to Europe in business class (it costs 45,000 points)
(Picture courtesy of French District)
– Nearly buy a one-way business class ticket to Southeast Asia from Hawaii (also 45,000 points)
– Buy a discounted Flying Blue promo award to Europe, such as 3 people to Europe from the US for just your sign-up bonus points and $100 per person
Plus there are many more redemptions to choose from that make the American Express Platinum a wise choice in the world of travel.
For the winning combo of luxury and practicality, apply for the American Express Platinum card here.
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: airline | american | American Express | American Express Platinum | Amex | Asia | Avis | award | baggage | Benefits | bonus | bonus points | BUSINESS CLASS | car | car rental | Card | card members | cardmember | cardmembers | cheap flights | credit | Credit Card | Delta | Delta Sky Club | discounts | Europe | EXCELLENT | executive | Fare Class | Flying Blue | Free access | gives | HHonors | Hilton | Hilton HHonors | hotel | hotel offers | Hotels | Los Angeles | LOUNGE | Lounges | members | Membership | Membership Rewards | Miles Flown | offers | Pass | Platinum | Platinum card | Platinum card members | points | Preferred Guest | Priority Pass | program | promo | Protection | reasons | redemptions | Rental | Rewards | service | Starwood | Starwood Preferred | Starwood Preferred Guest | travel | Travel Insurance | Travelex | Unlimited Pass | world