Table of Contents
All about Virgin and their loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer…
Virgin is renowned worldwide for going the extra mile with its customers. For our Australian readers, we check out the top five reasons to join Velocity Frequent Flyer, the award-winning frequent flyer loyalty program of Virgin Australia.
With Velocity Frequent Flyer, you earn Velocity points when you fly with Virgin Australia and airline partners, when you shop with a Velocity co-branded credit card and when you use their network of global program partners on the ground.
You can redeem Velocity points for flights, flight upgrades, car hire, and accommodation as well as products, vouchers, everyday rewards and experiences from the Velocity Rewards Store.
The top 5 reasons to join Velocity Frequent Flyer!
When you fly with Virgin Australia and their airline partners, you earn Status Credits as well as Velocity points. Status Credits determine your membership level of Red, Silver, Gold or Platinum – and of course the higher your level of membership, the greater the benefits, such as these:
– Silver members get priority check-in on international flights, use of the Virgin Australia Lounge and free baggage allowance.
– Gold and Platinum members get priority check-in, free baggage allowances and global lounge access, priority boarding, Sydney Premium Entry, guaranteed reward seats for an annual family trip, priority screening at major domestic airports, a free partner membership with one of Virgin Australia’s hotel and car hire partner programs and they earn a points bonus with selected travel partners. Phew!
The excellent family benefits of Velocity Frequent Flyer are threefold:
– Family Pooling lets you group all of your family members’ points and status credits into one account, meaning you can earn points faster to redeem for even greater rewards and reach a new level of membership with even more benefits. This applies to family members living at the same address and for up to two members 18 years or over and up to four members under 18.
– Membership Pause for Parental Leave is a way for all Silver, Gold and Platinum members to pause their membership for 6 months if they are expecting a new addition to the family. You can apply for a Membership Pause for Parental Leave once for each child, until that child reaches the age of two.
– Points Transfers lets members transfer points between accounts of eligible family members, up to four times per membership year, for transfers between 5,000 and 100,000 points.
Points with Pets
Did you know that you can even earn points if you travel with your pet with Virgin Australia? When travelling with a cat or dog on a domestic flight, you earn at least 300 points per pet carrier for each flight sector flown. Also, Silver, Gold and Platinum members earn even more points (for instance, a Platinum member traveling with 2 pet carriers will earn 1,200 points).
What else do I need to know about Velocity Frequent Flyer?
There are many more reasons to join Velocity Frequent Flyer, including the fact that it’s free to join. Sign up here and start earning.