The Citi Prestige credit card is currently offering 50,000 bonus ThankYou sign-up points when you spend $3,000 in 3 months!
Even with the previous bonus of 30,000 Citi ThankYou points, the card was a no-brainer as it has excellent benefits – especially for the travel world. The high annual fee of $450 can seem off-putting, but the benefits easily outweigh this as you can see here:
– The 50,000 bonus ThankYou points are redeemable for an $800 American Airlines/US Airways flight, a $665 flight on any other airline or $500 in gift cards.
– You get $250 Air Travel Credit which you can use on anything – even for charges on low-cost airlines like Pegasus and AirAsia.
– You earn a complimentary night at any hotel of your choice after a minimum 4-consecutive-night booking with the Citi Concierge Service.
– You get access to all the AA Admiral Clubs and when using Priority Pass you can bring up to two members with you for free.
– The Citi Prestige earns 3x on airfare and hotels, 2x on entertainment and dining and 1x on everything else.
– The card has no foreign transaction fees and reimburses you for one Global Entry application fee.
The current Citibank ThankYou points transfer partners are:
- Hilton HHonors Worldwide
- Asia Miles
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- Etihad Guest
- Flying Blue
- Garuda Indonesia Frequent Flyer
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
However, the transfer partners usually have less interesting award charts and higher fuel surcharges and it is much harder to find good deals with them.
We recently compared the Citi Prestige with the American Express Platinum, when the Prestige card only offered 30,000 bonus sign-up points for a $2,000 spend, and it still won 4:2. It’s certainly a good idea to grab this offer before the extra points disappear, as this is sure to be a limited-time offer.
You can apply online for the card here – just scroll down to this Citi Prestige offer and hit ‘Apply Now’:
Doctor of Credit mentioned on FlyerTalk that you can get a 60,000 bonus by applying in a branch instead of online and you also get $100 off the annual fee. The total spend for this offer is $15,000, though.
If you’ve had this card in the past, you can get the bonus ThankYou points again, as long as you haven’t opened or closed a Citi Prestige card in the past 18 months!
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: AirAsia | airfare | airline | airlines | Airways | american | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Platinum | Asia | Asia Miles | Atlantic | award | Benefits | bonus | Booking | Card | cheap flights | Citi | Citi Prestige | Citi Prestige Card | Citi ThankYou | citibank | credit | Credit Card | deals | Earn | entertainment | Etihad | Etihad Guest | EXCELLENT | Fare Class | fees | Flight | Flying Blue | Flying Club | frequent flyer | fuel surcharges | Garuda Indonesia | gift | gift cards | Haven | HHonors | Hilton | Hilton HHonors | hotel | Hotels | Indonesia | interesting award | Krisflyer | limited time offer | Los Angeles | Malaysia | Malaysia Airlines | members | miles | Miles Flown | No foreign | offer | online | Pass | Platinum | points | prestige | Priority Pass | Qantas | Qatar | Qatar Airways | service | Singapore | Singapore Airlines | thankyou | thankyou points | travel | Travel Insurance | Travelex | Virgin | Virgin Atlantic | Virgin Atlantic Flying Club | world