Table of Contents
What is Emerald Club?
Emerald Club was designed by National to make your car rental experience quicker and easier. As a frequent renter, you get special privileges every time you rent, including:
– Bypass the rental counter and go straight to choose your car at the Emerald Club Aisle in one of 50+ airport locations in the US and Canada
– Choose any car you want from the Emerald Club Aisle – the keys are in the ignition and you just show your card on the way out
– If you reserve a midsize or better, choose any available car (sometimes full size cars are there) and you still only pay the midsize price
The National Car Rental app
Using the National Car Rental app can make your life even easier. Download here for iOS, for Android or for the Windows Phone. As an Emerald Club member, with the app, you can book, rent and then return the car quickly and easily with your mobile device. You can:
– Make, change or cancel a reservation
– Find pick-up and drop-off locations
– Track all your rental itineraries
– Check and redeem your Free Rental Days
– Mange your Emerald Club profile
– Access customer service and roadside assistance
– Access the Virtual Aisle at select locations
How much does Emerald Club cost?
(There was said to be a $50 fee to join Emerald Club, but this charge is no longer in force. Thanks ivan for pointing this out to us!)
If you're a Hertz, Avis or US Airways elite member, Emerald Club will match your elite status. Hertz Gold Five Star, Avis First, US Airways Platinum Preferred and US Airways Chairman's Preferred members become Emerald Club Executive members. Hertz Gold President's Circle, Avis President's Club and Avis Chairman's Club members become Emerald Club Executive Elite members.
Certain credit cards give you Emerald Club benefits. We've previously written about the US Bank FlexPerks Business Edge Travel Rewards card, which gives you National Car Rental perks including free Emerald Club membership and a free car rental. If you have a World Elite MasterCard, you can get easy rental car elite status including National's Emerald Club.
To find out more, you can take a virtual tour of the Emerald Club here.
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: AIRPORT | Airways | Avis | bank | Benefits | Book | Canada | car | car rental | Card | cheap flights | credit | credit cards | executive | Fare Class | first | FlexPerks | gives | Los Angeles | MasterCard | members | Membership | Miles Flown | Platinum | price | program | Rental | Rewards | service | travel | Travel Insurance | Travel Rewards | Travelex | US Bank | world | World Elite | World Elite MasterCard