– Lucrative point earnings at times
– Thankfully it means hotel loyalty programs exist
– Promotions such as the current IHG Rewards Club 'Into the Nights'
– Somewhat consistent benefits in each chain hotel and elite benefits
– If you had trouble during your stay, you can always complain directly to the chain and get points/free stays
– More likely to speak English since most major chains are American
– More often than not they provide fast internet
If I can find a chain hotel (ideally a Hyatt or Starwood) property for around $100, I almost always book it. If prices are in the $250 range for chain hotels I usually pass and either use points if that is a good alternative or stay in non-chain options.
Picture courtesy of evolo.us