See also my next post – What I hate about chain hotels.
– Lucrative point earnings at times
– Thankfully it means hotel loyalty programs exist
– Promotions such as the current IHG Rewards Club 'Into the Nights'
– Somewhat consistent benefits in each chain hotel and elite benefits
– If you had trouble during your stay, you can always complain directly to the chain and get points/free stays
– Best Rate Guarantees that actually deliver what they promise (such as with Marriott or Starwood) can save a lot of money
– More likely to speak English since most major chains are American
– More often than not they provide fast internet
If I can find a chain hotel (ideally a Hyatt or Starwood) property for around $100, I almost always book it. If prices are in the $250 range for chain hotels I usually pass and either use points if that is a good alternative or stay in non-chain options.
Picture courtesy of evolo.us
If you like this post – subscribe via email or follow us on Twitter.
Questions, corrections, ideas about this article? Catch us on Twitter @mightytravels
See how to save $190 on ANY airfare ticket with Mighty Travels Premium
. Plus get 95% off Business and First Class fares with Real-Time Mistake Fare Alerts
Start your 30 Day FREE TRIAL now.
Want free upgrades, free breakfasts, free hotel credit & VIP gifts on ANY luxury hotel stay? Get these free benefits when you book with luxury travel concierge
for the same price as the hotel’s own website. Use code MT19 for an extra 10% off
your first booking.