If you purchase gift cards with a Citibank credit card this would be a great way to save you trips to Walmart!
The good news – in general – is that any Visa debit card or MasterCard debit card can be used to pay your credit card bill over the phone! You may do one transaction every day.
Unfortunately, not all debit cards work:
These cards are reported by Flyertalkers to NOT work:
– MetaBank prepaid gift cards (these work best at Walmart though!)
– USBank $500 Visa gift cards
These are the cards that DO work!
– PayPal Business Debit MasterCard
– Univision prepaid MasterCard
– Visa Buxx
– US Bank MasterCard gift cards (Visa doesn’t seem to work. See above)
– Staples $200 MasterCards
– Wells Fargo
I haven’t yet tried it myself but I will try it with my PayPal prepaid card, my Staples card and the US Bank MasterCard gift cards. This is a great way to liquidate your gift cards or PayPal cards!