The Citi AAdvantage® World MasterCard is one of the best cards to earn AAdvantage miles out there.
– Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of card membership
– Your first eligible checked bag is free
– Group 1 boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases
– Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount every card membership year with qualifying purchases and card membership renewal
– Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases
– Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year
– Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with your Citi Card with Chip Technology.
1) Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases
30,000 miles is a decent sign-up bonus for a credit card. But American Airlines loyalty program AAddvanteg makes this even better.
The regular rate for award return trips to Europe is 60,000 miles in Economy. However American Airlines has a long off-peak season to Europe (almost all winter) where the one-way award flight to Europe costs just 20,000 miles. The same exists for Hawaii, Asia 1 and South America!
The card also allows you to earn back earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles.
When the miles from the first statement post you are still about 9,000 miles short before you can book that trip to Europe. We recommend a transfer from Starpoints (for instance earned through the Starwood American Express card).
2) Your first eligible checked bag is free
If you pay for your ticket with this card this will save you the $25 bag fee. This alone is often worth signing up for the card!
3) EMV chip on card
The electronic chip function (with or without a PIN) is what you need for using a credit card in many European countries. Don't travel without it!
4) No annual fee for the first year
The annual fee is waived the first year. Annual Fee $95.
5) Priority Boarding and 25% in-flight purchases
It's great to board early and get that rollaboard in before everyone else. 25% off a drink or two is a great benefit as well!
6) Comprehensive Insurance Package
The card includes the following insurance benefits:
Medical emergency expenses
Emergency travel costs for family
Medical Transfers such as return of dependent and/or elderly
Repatriation and hotel expenses for convalescence, etc.
Coverage up to US$ 500,000 per person for accidental death
The insurance applies to domestic and international travel
Coverage of up to US$ 75,000 for car rentals up to 31 days
Global coverage when traveling (select markets excluded)
7) Zero Fraud Liability
When you travel your credit card details will be exposed to many merchants. I had credit cards compromised but a call to my bank ALWAYS made sure that I get a new card and any fraudulent charges were taken off my account.