Review: Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® – Earn 2x on All Purchases
Barclays introduced the Arrival cards in 2013. I signed up for the card as soon as it came out and have been happy ever since. They have now updated the card with the new name Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 or more on purchases in the first 90 days from account opening. 40,000 bonus miles equates to $400 off your next travel redemption!
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases.
- The annual fee of $89 is waived first year.
- No mileage caps or foreign transaction fees.
- Get 10% miles back when you redeem for travel statement credits (i.e. redeem 25,000 miles for travel and get 2,500 miles back).
- Use your card to book through any airline, hotel or discount travel engine with no blackout dates or seat restrictions.
- Easily redeem your miles for statement credits towards all or a portion of your travel purchases within the last 90 days.
- Complimentary online FICO® Score access for Arrival card members.
- Miles don't expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing.
Plus the updated card has chip technology for increased confidence and convenience to pay abroad as easily as you do at home.
1) 40,000 miles sign up bonus
This translates into $440 you can spend with any travel merchant and get back as a statement credit. Airlines, online travel agencies, car rental - all this spending is eligible.
2) Easy to use rewards
The miles can be used against any purchase >$10 on your credit card statement. The process is completely online - all you need to do is to remember that step before you pay off your monthly balance.
3) 2x on all purchases
This is the biggest benefit of all for me! This translates into a 2.2% cash back at any merchant as long as you use your cash back for travel spending. There are a lot of large purchases one can do where 2.2% really matters!
4) No foreign transaction fees
It's hard to recommend a card for travel that has a foreign purchase fee. This card DOES NOT charge any!
5) Easy to use online interface
The Barclay credit card online interface is easy to use and works well. This makes it easier to keep your finances under control.
6) Comprehensive Insurance Package
The card includes the following insurance benefits:
Purchase Assurance Coverage
Travel Assistance Services
Master RoadAssist Services
Trip Cancellation/ Trip Interruption Insurance
Automatic Travel Accident and Baggage Delay Insurance
MasterCard Global Service
7) Zero Fraud Liability
When you travel, your credit card details will be exposed to many merchants. I had credit cards compromised but a call to my bank ALWAYS made sure that I got a new card and any fraudulent charges were taken off my account.