Barclays has taken over issuing the Hawaiian Airlines credit card. The current offer is 35,000 miles after sign-up and a $1,000 spend.
The card comes with these benefits:
– No foreign transaction fees on purchases
– 35,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
– complimentary 1ST checked bag for the primary card member when you use your card to purchase eligible tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
– 50% off COMPANION DISCOUNT for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
– Get $100 off a companion ticket for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America at each account anniversary
– Earn 5,000 annual bonus miles after $10,000 in annual spend
The TOP 5 reasons to get The Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard
1) The Hawaiian Airlines Award chart
35,000 miles give you almost one free round-trip to Hawaii.
Or you could redeem for almost 5 inter-island flights. Most Hawaiian Airlines flights are $120 one-way. That's $600 in award flights that the card will provide.
2) No fuel surcharges or other hidden fees for awards
Hawaiian Airlines charges no fuel surcharges for flights on Hawaiian Airlines planes
3) Valuable companion ticket
We took a look at the companion ticket and its value for the Hawaiian Airlines card here. Hawaiian Airlines does not inflate tickets with high fuel surcharges, so you can really save almost 50% off the ticket price (but not fees!).
4) Renewal bonus
We like the renewal bonus with $5,000 miles and the additional $100 off a companion ticket. It's pretty decent for the annual fee of $69.
5) No foreign transaction fees
It's great that most card issuers have finally gotten rid of these hidden fees for non-domestic uses.