I am recently invited to buy this The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas in Maui Hawaii – 5 nights for just $798.
– 6 days' and 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
– Your choice of 5,000 Starpoints® from the Starwood Preferred Guest program OR a $75 Resort Certificate that can be used toward dining, shopping or spa services within the resort
– PLUS, a $185 AVIS® Rental Car Certificate
Here is the link to the offer. It might be a personal offer however a timeshare owner of this property can invite you to enjoy this special offer. To contact an owner, you can check out this Flyertalk link and ask somebody nicely to invite you
– This is such a great deal since I was checking some random days and the standard rate of this hotel seem to be around $400 to $600 per night. This special rate would make it down to $160 per night – a potential saving of 60% to 75%. Plus, you would earn 5,000 Starpoints equivalent to $100 rebate. And a $185 Avis rental car certificate is enough to cover one week of car rental (you will have to pay car rental taxes about $60).
– Some disadvantages for this package will be no ocean front room, no Starwood elite benefit (early check-in, late check-out, upgrade), and limited on-site dining
Why does Starwood offer such a great deal?
– This is a timeshare property + hotels. Westin regularly run this deal to attract people there to try out their property. They won't ask you to join any kind of sale presentation for this package. However if you do, they will offer an extra 4,500 points. If they can get you there and give you a good impression, you will want to buy in for the timeshare which is their ultimate goal