United Airline is offering super cheap: Philadelphia (Amtrak Union Station) – Austin (and vice versa) roundtrip for $121 including all Taxes
Wonder what Austin is like before you pull a trigger on this terrific fare, check out this Austin City Guide
Routing: ZFV-EWR-DEN-AUS-DEN-EWR-ZFV (Philly-Newark-Denver-Austin-Denver-Newark-Philly)
Mileage: 4,760 Premier Qualifying Miles and 5,260 redeemable miles or 3.0 cents per mile
Routing: ZFV-EWR-IAH-AUS-IAH-EWR-ZFV (Philly-Newark-Houston-Austin-Houston-Newark-Philly)
Mileage: 3,800 Premier Qualifying Miles and 4,200 redeemable miles or 3.7 cents per mile
Routing: ZFV-EWR-AUS-EWR-ZFV (Philly-Newark-Austin-Newark-Philly)
Mileage: 3,148 Premier Qualifying Miles and 3,648 redeemable miles or 3.8 cents per mile
– From end of August – March, 2014.
– Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability
– Enable advanced routing codes and enter "ua+" on both the outbound and return fields to search only United Availability
Note: ZFV is the the airport code for Philadelphia 30th Street Amtrak Station. The Philadelphia Amtrak station – Newark segment is operated by Amtrak. The train trip is about 1 hour. Even though the Amtrak segment doesn't earn Premier Qualifying Mile, you will earn 250 redeemable miles.
– Remember to use Ebates and Orbitz to book for another $3.6 cash back per air ticket.
– Use Ultimate Reward Shopping Portal and Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card to earn 4 points/$ at Travelocity
What if you live in DC or NYC and want to take advantage of this deal
– Take Megabus from NYC/DC to Philadelphia Train Station. The bus does stop right in front of the station on 30th street
– If you are based in NYC, you can take a Megabus to Philly to start the trip and at the end, you can skip the last segment on the Amtrak.