United: Philadelphia – Many destinations on the West Coast: San Diego / Sacramento / Seattle / Portland (and vice versa) for $151 Roundtrip ticket
– Philadelphia Train Station (ZFV) to Seattle (SEA) for $151 (4,802 Premier Qualifying Mile at 3.1 cent per mile)
– Philadelphia Train Station (ZFV) to San Diego (SAN) for $151 (4,850 Premier Qualifying Mile, 4,984 redeemable mile at 3.1 cent per mile)
– Philadelphia Train Station (ZFV) to Portland (PDX) for $151 (4,866 PQM Premier Qualifying Mile at 3.1 cent per mile)
– Philadelphia Train Station (ZFV) to Sacramento (SMF) for $170 (5,000 Premier Qualifying Mile at 3.4 cent per mile)
– From end of August – March, 2014.
– Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability
– Enable advanced routing codes and enter "ua+" on both the outbound and return fields to search only United Availability
Note: ZFV is the the airport code for Philadelphia 30th Street Amtrak Station. The Philadelphia Amtrak station – Newark segment is operated by Amtrak. The train trip is about 1 hour. Even though the Amtrak segment doesn't earn Premier Qualifying Mile, you will earn 250 redeemable miles.
How to make the deal sweeter:
– Remember to use Ebates and Orbitz to book for another $3.6 cash back per air ticket.
– Use Ultimate Reward Shopping Portal and Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card to earn 4 points/$ at Travelocity
What if you live in DC or NYC and want to take advantage of this deal
– Take Megabus from NYC/DC to Philadelphia Train Station. The bus does stop right in front of the station on 30th street
– If you are based in NYC, you can take a Megabus to Philly to start the trip and at the end, you can skip the last segment on the Amtrak.