Here is our daily deals for 05/28/2013
1. Hotel Tips and Tricks
If you are stuck at an airport overnight or want to stay in a hotel near an airport, this trick might help you to save some money. In certain cities, you can visit the baggage claim office and ask for a "distressed traveler certificate" that is designed for delayed customers. However, They won't check if your flight was actually delayed, they will just give you one. This voucher can get you a special rate of 20% to 30% off and is only valid for one night. There is a website on the voucher to show which hotels in the area participate and cost. This rate is a "fully eligible rate" so you will get bonus points, stay credit, elite status and any other benefits which makes it a lot more attractive than bookings on Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz.
The airports where the United Airlines baggage claim offices give out these certificates are as follows:
2. Best Buy Reward Zone is giving you 100 free points for Deal of the Day Sign-up which is worth $2
What is Best Buy Reward Zone?
– Its membership program to award loyal customers.
– You earn 1 point for every dollar you spend at Best Buy
– Each point is worth 2 cent = 2% cash back for all purchases
– Sign up for the program here
Insights about the program
– You will get a $5 gift certificate when you hit 250 points
– You can use the gift certificate to buy kindle Gift Card which can be used at Amazon for anything
– A few months back, Best Buy was giving out 25 free points per day by completing a poll. I must have got at least $50 worth of Amazon gift cards from this deal
– I see free Reward Zone points all the time so it is worth it to sign-up for the program
Terms and Conditions
Bonus points will be deposited in your account by 6/17/13. Reward Zone members, who have not yet subscribed to Deal of the Day e-mails, will get 100 bonus points. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 5/26/13 – 6/8/13.
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Account | airlines | AIRPORT | AIRPORT HOTEL | Airports | Amazon | Amazon Gift Cards | angeles | award | baggage | Benefits | bonus | bonus points | bookings | BUSINESS CLASS | Card | cash back | Chicago | credit | daily | deal | deals | Earn | elite | expedia | Flight | gift | gift card | gift cards | Holidays Inn | hotel | hotel booking | Hotels | Los Angeles | members | Membership | Miami | New York | offer | Orbitz | Photo Review | points | program | reward | San Francisco | Traveling | Travelocity | united | United Airlines | Washington