Air Canada Announces Details of the Revamped Aeroplan Program
Air Canada has finally announced the details of the revamped Aeroplan program and the starting date of the “New Aeroplan” is set for November 8, 2020. Over the last few months, we also saw Air Canada offering up some really good promotions for its passengers.
Air Canada Announces Details For the Revamped Aeroplan Program
Air Canada has published details of its revamped Aeroplan frequent flyer program. According to the press release the carrier will relaunch the loyalty program on November 8, 2020, with a focus on value and flexible redemption.
From the official press release:
"Air Canada promised an outstanding new Aeroplan that would be among the best travel loyalty programs in the world, and we are fulfilling that promise. The new Aeroplan program, which has been extremely well thought through, has been eagerly anticipated as a key driver of our ongoing transformation, this is more important than ever as airlines compete to earn and retain customer loyalty in a rapidly changing environment," said Calin Rovinescu, President and Chief Executive of Air Canada
Changes that Air Canada is introducing:
- Aeroplan members can now redeem points to purchase any Air Canada seat that is available for sale with no restrictions
- Airline surcharges, including fuel surcharges, on all flight rewards with Air Canada, will be eliminated. Members will pay only for taxes and third-party fees. Interestingly, members can even pay with points for taxes and third-party fees
- Points needed for Aeroplan flight rewards on Air Canada will be based on actual prices in the market
- Members can plan their trip with the Points Predictor Tool, which provides an estimated range in Aeroplan points that members will need for their flight reward
- All members will have the option to pay for a portion of their flight reward in cash and save points
Aeroplan Elite Status
Air Canada Altitude will become Aeroplan Elite Status. Aeroplan will continue to offer six membership levels – entry-level Aeroplan Debut, along with five Elite Status levels: Aeroplan 25K, 35K, 50K, 75K, and Super Elite. However, some improvements will be made. Elite Status Members will be able to earn Priority Rewards vouchers that offer them up to 50% off the price in points on eligible flight rewards with Air Canada and its partners. The best part is that Elite Status Members can now share their benefits, such as priority boarding and lounge access, with friends and family members, even if they are not traveling together.