Cathay Pacific is offering a 10% transfer bonus when you transfer points from American Express, Citi, or Diners Club to Asia Miles. This promotion will be for a limited amount of time throughout January.
Table of Contents
Cathay Pacific Offering 10% Credit Card Transfer Bonus
Asia Miles is the frequent flyer program of Cathay Pacific. They announced a new promotion where you can get a bonus when converting credit card points to the program between January 1, 2020, and January 31, 2020. Cathay Pacific Asia Miles is transfer partners with Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou, and Capital One.
Details of the promotion:
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles is offering a 10% transfer bonus when you register and convert credit card points into Asia Miles before January 31, 2020
- The promotion is valid until January 31st, 2020
- In order to participate in the promotion, you will need to register. You can register here.
- The bonus miles will appear in your account after 8 to 10 weeks
- There is no cap for the maximum amount of miles you can earn
Cathay Pacific Miles No Longer Expire
After January 1, 2020, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles will no longer expire. However, you will have to have some sort of earning or spending activity at least once every 18 months. Keep in mind that only miles credited on or after January 1, 2020, will fall under this new activity-based rule and will remain active as long as members earn or use their miles at least once every 18 months.
Starting January 1, 2020, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles will have two systems in place:
- Time-based System – Miles credited before 1 January 2020 will follow the existing time-based rule and continue to expire on a 3-year basis
- Activity-based System – Miles credited on or after 1 January 2020 will fall under the activity-based rule and they’ll remain active as long as you earn or use your Miles at least once every 18 months
Recommended for you:
About the author: Mila Kostic is a native of Belgrade, Serbia. After majoring in sociology at the Belgrade University she has been working as tutor and coach. Prior to taking on her role at Mighty Travels, she wrote for a video games, fitness, and health lifestyle website. After starting her work with the Mighty Travels team she discovered her passion for travel and travel writing. Now, she is focused on bringing you the newest travel news. In her portfolio here at Mighty Travels, you can find articles on Airline news, hottest credit card deals, tips and tricks on earning miles and much more. You can reach her at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: airfare | airline | airlines | AIRPORT | Asia Miles | Asia miles card | Asia Miles no longer expire | BUSINESS CLASS | cathay | Cathay Credit card | Cathay Pacific | Cathay Pacific Asia Miles | Cathay's | credit | Credit Card | Credit Card Transfer Bonus | deal | deals | Flight | flights | miles | offer | offers | points | program | promotion | Rewards | Transfer Bonus | travel | Traveling | trip | world