If you have airline status with another carrier, WestJet currently has a three-part status match challenge to Gold or Silver with WestJet Rewards. Benefits include complimentary upgrades, priority services and lounge access. You will also have the option to extend your elite benefits to June 20, 2021.
Table of Contents
WestJet Status Match Challenge Part 1
From now until December 15 you can submit the form on WestJet’s Status Match Offer page with all your details in order to participate in the status match challenge. There are 3 parts to these WestJet challenges!
Challenge 1 is a status trial or match that will extend WestJet status benefits until March 30, 2020. To qualify for the first challenge, you will need to submit the request form between November 15 and December 15, 2019, with these details:
- Your first and last name
- Your 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID. This is provided to you upon joining WestJet Rewards
- Email and phone number on your WestJet Rewards account
- A scanned copy or photo of your top-tier membership card from Altitude, VIPorter, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska Mileage Plan or British Airways Executive Club showing your name, current 2019 status valid through to a minimum December 31, 2019
WestJet Status Match Challenge Part 2
Challenge 2 allows you to extend your elite status for another 90 days, until June 30, 2020, by taking one WestJet flight between November 15, 2019, and March 31, 2020. Keep in mind that:
- AC Altitude and Porter members must take minimum one WestJet flight anywhere
- US carriers: AA, Alaska, and UA must take minimum one U.S.transborder flight
- British Airways members must take minimum one transatlantic flight
WestJet Status Match Challenge Part 3
With the third challenge you can extend your benefits through June 30, 2021, by meeting spending thresholds:
- Gold members with a minimum qualifying spend of $3,000 between the date of the upgrade in Challenge 1 and June 30, 2020, can retain Gold status for another year. This will last until June 30, 2021
- Silver members that have a minimum qualifying spend of $1,500 between the date of the upgrade in Challenge 1 and June 30, 2020, will retain Silver status for another year. This will also last until June 30, 2021
You can see the full details on their website here!
Recommended for you:
About the author: Mila Kostic is a native of Belgrade, Serbia. After majoring in sociology at the Belgrade University she has been working as tutor and coach. Prior to taking on her role at Mighty Travels, she wrote for a video games, fitness, and health lifestyle website. After starting her work with the Mighty Travels team she discovered her passion for travel and travel writing. Now, she is focused on bringing you the newest travel news. In her portfolio here at Mighty Travels, you can find articles on Airline news, hottest credit card deals, tips and tricks on earning miles and much more. You can reach her at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: AAdvantage | airfare | airline | airlines | AIRPORT | Alaska Mileage Plan | Altitude | bonus | Book | Booking | British Airways Executive Club | BUSINESS CLASS | cheap flights | Flight | flights | offer | promotion | travel | Traveling | trip | United MileagePlus | VIPorter | Westjet | WestJet benefits | WestJet Canada | WestJet status | WestJet status benefits | WestJet Status Match Challenge | Westjet's | world