InterContinental Hotels Group is partnering with travel club Mr. and Mrs. Smith to more than double the number of luxury and boutique properties available to IHG customers.
Table of Contents
The new partnership
IHG announced the exclusive arrangement during International Luxury Travel Market North America, being held in Mexico’s Riviera Maya. Starting next year, IHG Rewards Club members will be able to earn and redeem points at more than 500 hotels around the world that are part of Mr. and Mrs. Smith’s offers.
“This exclusive partnership will more than double the number of luxury and boutique hotels which members can choose from; complementing IHG’s luxury and boutique portfolio of hotels and resorts across Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent® Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants and Hotel Indigo®.” IHG released on their website
IHG Rewards Club members will be able to earn and redeem points across hundreds of luxury and boutique hotels around the world, including some of Smith’s most exotic stays. Those include Jasper Conran’s L’Hôtel Marrakech, Borgo Pignano, Himalayas retreat The Kumaon and the Old Rectory on South Africa’s famed Garden Route.
Founded in 2003, Mr. and Mrs. Smith is a travel club for hotel lovers that offers more than 1,200 properties in more than 80 countries. Mr. & Mrs. Smith doesn’t manage any hotels, but they get a commission when people book through them.
“By bringing this spectacular collection of award-winning hotels to our direct booking channels, this partnership means members can earn and redeem points in some of the world’s most sought-after destinations – the perfect complement to IHG’s growing luxury and boutique hotel portfolio, which includes InterContinental Hotels & Resorts and Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas.” IHG chief marketing officer, Claire Bennett, said in the press release
What IHG had to say about the details of the partnership
IHG released on their website a few key details about the new partnership:
- From early 2020, IHG Rewards Club members will have the opportunity to earn and redeem points during qualified stays at over 500 luxury and boutique Mr & Mrs. Smith properties.
- IHG Rewards Club is one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programs, with more than 100 million enrolled members.
- IHG Rewards Club points can be earned and redeemed at participating Mr & Mrs. Smith hotels booked through IHG’s direct channels only.
- The partnership gives IHG’s members more choice in where to go, with the addition of Mr & Mrs. Smith properties in 14 countries where IHG doesn’t currently have open hotels.
- IHG’s most loyal guests, including InterContinental Ambassadors and Kimpton Inner Circle members, will enjoy a free Smith Extra such as a bottle of champagne, picnic hamper or 30-minute massage on arrival at every Mr & Mrs. Smith hotel, as well as automatic room upgrades whenever available.
- Elite IHG Rewards Club members will receive their tier Bonus Points on eligible room rates (10% Gold Elite, 50% Platinum Elite, 100% Spire Elite).
Recommended for you:
About the author: Mila Kostic is a native of Belgrade, Serbia. After majoring in sociology at the Belgrade University she has been working as tutor and coach. Prior to taking on her role at Mighty Travels, she wrote for a video games, fitness, and health lifestyle website. After starting her work with the Mighty Travels team she discovered her passion for travel and travel writing. Now, she is focused on bringing you the newest travel news. In her portfolio here at Mighty Travels, you can find articles on Airline news, hottest credit card deals, tips and tricks on earning miles and much more. You can reach her at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: after | award | bonus | bonus points | Book | booked | Booking | Boutique | Boutique Hotel | Club points | destinations | double | Earn | elite | Exotic | extra | five-star luxury hotels | gives | H | holiday | hotel | Hotel Indigo | Hotels | Hotels and resorts | IHG | IHG partnership | IHG Rewards | IHG Rewards Club | IHG Rewards Club points | IndiGo | InterContinental Hotels | Luxury hotels | market | marketing | members | Mexico | Mr. & Mrs. Smith | offers | partnership | Platinum | points | redeem points | Rewards | Rewards Club | Riviera Maya | south | South Africa | Spire Elite | travel | world