WOW Air and Joon in trouble, Norwegian hanging in there, oneworld the clique to be in, AMEX burns more cash in London and Charlotte and Orbitz Rewards Platinum Makeover
– I wouldn’t bet on WOW Air’s survival (though I hope for it) – so please watch your bookings, now Indigo Partners has declared interest after IcelandAir retracted their low-ball bid
– another low cost airline – Joon – may be shut down soon as well
– Norwegian is shuffling routes by adding Rio de Janeiro, moving flights to Miami (from FLL) and San Francisco (from OAK) to London and boosting Boston
Lately Norwegian fares are much higher especially with the now common discount fares of Oneworld and Star Alliance from the US to Europe (and vice versa)
– oneworld is suddenly THE airline alliance TO BE in – after getting Qatar a while ago they now see serious interest from China Southern, Royal Air Maroc and Alaska – who would have seen this coming a few years ago when it was all about Star Alliance and Skyteam?
– AMEX has fund two more locations – London and Charlotte – to burn a few million dollars with their lounges
– Orbitz Rewards Platinum (easy to reach with just 12 nights) is getting a makeover and now allows you to choose a $50 LoungeBuddy pass and $50 incidental travel spend reimbursements (as Orbucks)
Sounds great to me!