Air Europa adds Etihad redemptions, Virgin Atlantic 70,000 bonus card, 7,500 Hilton Honors bonus points for car rentals, Hong Kong’s low fuel surcharges to end, Lufthansa’s new 777X Business Class and South African Airlines in trouble again
– Air Europa SUMA miles can now be used to book Etihad flights
The award chart makes most flights pretty expensive but long-haul redemptions seem quite attractive.
You can credit most Skyteam flights to Air Europa (SUMA).
– The Virgin Atlantic Bank of America offer is back and you can earn 70,000 bonus miles after $12k in spend (for a total of 82,000 Virgin Atlantic miles) – enough for Round Trip in Business Class to Africa or Asia on partners.
– Hilton Honors is offering up to 7,500 miles for 5+ days rentals without any other restrictions if you book through their site
– the end of the low fuel surcharges from Hong Kong is nigh – I’m surprised it took that long
– Lufthansa is in love with the quirky Business Class seats the airline has installed among the group’s different jets – it will get a stylish makeover once the 777X comes along
– South African Airlines is bankrupt once again – it seems to happen every six months and usually nothing really changes (at least we hope the airline keeps flying!)