65,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card, Oman Air’s cool new lounges, Uganda and Nigeria to get new airlines?, Air Asia loves A330neos, Garuda 50% off award sales, Vietjet just ordered 100 planes
– the new Rapid Rewards Priority Card from Chase comes with a 65,000 sign up bonus (after a massive $16,00 spend) and $149 annual fee but also $75 in credit towards any Southwest purchase
– Cathay Pacific Business Class award space is now back to normal and their newly launched route to Seattle (with an A350) has seats available every day!
– Oman Air has some excellent Business Class deals (i.e. the $873 Round Trip Business Class New Delhi to Frankfurt deal) but now the airline also has opened their new lounges at the new Muscat terminal – it looks fantastic!
– despite (seemingly failed) negotiations with Qatar and Ethiopian the countries of Nigeria and Uganda both want to re-invigorate their failed national airlines and both just placed orders for long-haul jets
– somewhat surprisingly Air Asia is adding new orders to their A330neo order instead of switching to some A350s
– Garuda Indonesia is running a 50% off award ticket sale using code GO2MILE
Garuda Miles is 1:1 partner of Citi ThankYou points. The sale will only work during the next two weekends (Indonesia time) and is limited to Garuda Indoesia operated flights.
While partner redemptions are tricky without visiting a sales office (read impossible) you can redeem Garuda miles online without issue (I have done several times myself).