– Marriott and Starwood are out with the new award chart for their combined program (yet to be unnamed) effective August 2018
The long story short – the team has typically rounded up or down most properties. There aren’t any shocking good or bad values suddenly. The best redemption seem to be the formerly unaffordable ‘all suites’ Starwood properties that now mostly come in at ‘just’ 60,000 Marriott rewards points before a new category 8 will be introduced next year
– LEVEL has set up a short-haul base in Vienna, competing with Laudamotion and Ryanair after the demise of incumbent airberlin last year
LEVEL (like Joon) is using a fresher brand and refurbished airplanes to distinguish themselves from the somewhat boxed-in (or may we say tainted) IAG brands like Vueling, Iberia and British Airways.
You should be able to redeem Avios on those flights. There is no long-haul ‘feed’ into Vienna yet but that will likely follow suit to compete with Lufthansa omnipresence there.
– Air Asia seemingly continuously struggle to program the Airbus flight computers on several occasions in Australia which has led to several dangerous deviations from the flight plan
Air Asia is an accident waiting to happen and I try to fly them as little as possible but guess what their route network and price point is what brings me back.
– Chase has revamped the Chase World of Hyatt card
The card now comes with a higher sign-up bonus and you can earn more free nights and qualifying nights for status when you keep spending. This card is attractive for many ‘manufactured spenders’ as it allows you to get a free night for every $15,000 in spend and gives you an elite night credit for every $5,000 in spend.
I have long argued that credit card issuers don’t encourage high spending enough. Chase has heard that finally and will likely see some outsized spending going on this card as Hyatt has a strong brand and lots of fans for its loyalty program.
So far the Hyatt card was NOT affected by 5/24 and likely this card isn’t as well for now. There are plans to this restriction though and current card holders (or who received a sign up bonus in the last 24 moths) can only upgrade to the card.
Recommended for you:
- Best Way to Earn Points: Highlight – Chase Ink Plus
- 70,000 Chase Ink Plus Business Card – What are good uses of Ultimate Rewards points?
- Lufthansa & Etihad ‘mini merger’, new South African 330, RwandaAir A330 Business Class, World of Hilton, 2,000 points per Hilton stay, 70,000 Chase United card, buy access to Emirates lounges & more
- Review: Chase Sapphire credit card – earn 40,000 points when signing-up
- Get 100,000 Bonus Membership Rewards points with The Business Platinum Card from American Express
- Earn up to 21,000 bonus Avios when staying at Hyatt hotels worldwide
- Top Three Airlines/Hotels Due for a Devaluation
- Why you should sign-up for a Chase Ink Plus Business Card
- Featured – The Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card – get 50,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points with the credit card I don’t want to cancel EVER
- impressive Vietjet results, IAG low-balls Norwegian, rare Chase backtracking on rewards, Etihad cancels orders, Sheraton Bamako opens
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Air Asia | Airbus | airline review | airplanes | Airways | Asia | august | best travel place | bonus | British Airways | Card | Chase | credit | Credit Card | Earn | Flight | flights | hyatt | lufthansa | Marriott | Marriott and Starwood | Marriott Rewards | points | Ryanair | world | World of Hyatt
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |