Shanghai Airlines & Emirates new Business Class, Etihad cancels Dallas, AMEX kills OPEN, Wizz Air growing pains, Delta throws $38 million at political correctness
– China Eastern subsidiary’ Shanghai Airlines is coming out with a refreshed Business Class just as it plans a major expansion with more flights to Europe and Africa
Shanghai Airlines awards can be booked with any Skyteam miles.
– Ethad has confirmed the planned cancellations of Dallas and Entebbe service later this month – the good news – Los Angeles service will once again be daily!
– while Etihad still denies it, the company is trying to raise money by selling their Jet Airways stake
– American Express is killing off their OPEN program
I never understood that branding and the savings were weak anyways – good riddance.
– scaling up airline operations is tough work and Wizz Air is faced with a challenge adding a new aircraft (at tight margins and new destinations) every week this year!
– Emirates is making some cosmetic changes to their Business Class product on the 777-200LR
Their (old) Business Class cabin is still the weakest of the Gulf carriers.
– Oops …political correctness carried a $38 million price tag for Delta airlines as the Georgia state legislature kick out a tax cut for the Delta airline is response to the high publicized dropping of the NRA discounts by Delta
– Radisson Rewards is launching and replacing the Club Carlson Rewards – so far it seems mostly a name change – maybe more is in store for us soon.