– Airbus shows that blackmailing your customers still works in the airline industry – Emirates has signed an agreement to buy 36 more A380 keeping plane production alive for now
– Etihad has expanded their pay-per-use lounge program to New York – it’s just $75 per person – this can make sense if you need a productive day at the lounge
– American Express is rolling out the new Hilton card family and application links are live now for Personal Cards and Business cards
The big question is – will we get a sign-up bonus even if we got the old cards? We shall see once people report back with their experiences.
– I just flew United today and the company seems serious about being on-time finally – what a change!
The company also plans to help people keep up-to-date with why their planes are late (if they are).
– United is adding Premium Economy to some of their aircraft soon – I’m not a believer in Premium Economy but seemingly American and Delta are making (some) money from it
Recommended for you:
- A comparison between the Citi Prestige credit card and the American Express Platinum
- Lufthansa to buy Norwegian?, India’s Vistara to add international destinations, Air Belgium planning US flights, new sleeping facilities at Abu Dhabi airport
- 5,000 Starpoints, amazing AMEX and Norwegian results, Copa launches Wingo, $1,000 off Emirates tickets, OMG Arik Air!
- Lufthansa & Etihad to merge?, new Centurion lounge, 50k Chase United card, a Cheap way to New Zealand, Cathay cutting further, 3,000 bonus points per Marriott stay & more
- Japan Airlines Business Class SKY SUITE Review (777-300) San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (HND) and SFO Centurion, Sakura and Air France-KLM Lounge Reviews
- Wow Business Class Returns $2,156 LAX to East Africa, $2,396 LAX to Johannesburg, JFK to Jakarta $2,396, LAX to Puerto Rico $728 RT and more of our best Premium Fares
- WOW $55 one-ways to Europe, topbonus changes redemptions, United adds Singapore 787 service from LA, Qatar to start Ugandan affiliate?, Citibank loose Hilton cards
- Air Berlin Business Class Review Los Angeles (LAX) to Dusseldorf (DUS) A330
- $222 Round Trip to Bangkok from the US, Hilton 5,000 bonus, Monarch Airlines goes out of business
- Jet Airways Economy Review New Delhi (DEL) to Kathmandu (KTM) (and return) B737, ITC Lounge Review DEL, Executive Lounge Review KTM
Questions, corrections, ideas about this article? Catch us on Twitter @mightytravels
See how to save $190 on ANY airfare ticket with Mighty Travels Premium
. Plus get 95% off Business and First Class fares with Real-Time Mistake Fare Alerts
Start your 30 Day FREE TRIAL now.
Want free upgrades, free breakfasts, free hotel credit & VIP gifts on ANY luxury hotel stay? Get these free benefits when you book with luxury travel concierge
for the same price as the hotel’s own website. Use code MT19 for an extra 10% off
your first booking.
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Airbus | aircraft | airline | american | American Express | bonus | Business cards | Card | Emirates | Etihad | Hilton | Hilton cards | LOUNGE | New York | Premium Economy
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |