– Etihad is suspending (i.e. cancelling) their Dallas flights
Qatar Airways and Etihad are hurting from the cancelled codeshare agreement with American. The North-East US destinations and Los Angeles are safe but other QR/EY services to the US may get cancelled soon.
Etihad needs to get its game together – after the disastrous equity investments, the still delayed new airport and an aging fleet and cabin interiors they need to innovate harder or become a failed investment themselves soon.
– meanwhile Singapore Airlines is showing off their new A380 cabin designs
There s no fixed schedule when the upgrades will be done but it’s good to hear the company stays committed to the aircraft.
The First Class cabin now comes with a seat and bed – something Lufthansa tried but quickly abandoned. Singapore also stuck to the double bed for some of their suites and reduces the total of 12 suites to six. They also moved into the upper deck – which is where they belong since it’s more private and quieter.
Business Class has gotten a rather horrible color code and I fear the seats look amazingly similar to the horrific seats on the Singapore Airlines Business Class A350 which I flew earlier this year (Review). I felt this was one of the worst Business Class seats out there – especially for a seat installed in 2017.
Lets see these seats in action and make up our minds.
– I always thought I had a contract with Citi for my Hilton Honors cards – but turns out that Hilton has decided to shift their allegiance to American Express andI get a big email with American Express logs from Hilton regarding the change
All Citi Hilton cards will be transferred to American Express in January 2018. A pleasure that was worth $160 million to American Express.
If you have the no-fee Citi Hilton Honors Card, it will be replaced with the Hilton Honors American Express Card and if you have the Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card, it will be replaced with the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card. Your new Card will arrive in the mail in mid-January and will be available to use starting on January 30, 2018.** Your relationship with Hilton Honors remains unchanged and you will continue to earn Hilton Honors Points on your Citi Hilton Honors Card until that time.
Recommended for you:
- My Favorite Flights and Award Redemptions for 2017
- Which airlines fly the A380 in First Class – and how you can book yourself a ticket using miles
- Citi Thankyou Points can now be transfered 1:1 to airline miles
- My current favorite awards (mileage redemptions)
- WOW $55 one-ways to Europe, topbonus changes redemptions, United adds Singapore 787 service from LA, Qatar to start Ugandan affiliate?, Citibank loose Hilton cards
- Citi Thank You Rewards – You can still earn 50,000 sign-up bonus points with the Prestige credit card
- Singapore Airlines Business Class Review Moscow (DME) to Singapore (SIN) SQ361 A350
- Best use of American Express Membership Rewards for flights
- Cathay Pacific First Class Review – Los Angeles to Hong Kong – CX 883
- Amazing Qatar sale from Europe, Lufthansa almost ready to buy Air Berlin, Emirates stopped growing?, CVS stops sales of Paypal cards, $75 off Bloomingdales, 50% off Spotify, cheap Hyatt points with Daily Getaways
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: aircraft | airlines | AIRPORT | Airways | american | American Express | American Express card | BUSINESS CLASS | Card | Earn | Etihad | First Class | flights | Hilton | Hilton cards | Hilton Honors | Los Angeles | lufthansa | points | Qatar | Qatar Airways | review | Singapore | Singapore Airlines
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |