– IHG is back with their priceless promotion – $100 after two stays (one stay must be at least two nights)
If you stay at more budget friendly IHG chain options the card value will be $50.
This promotion ‘stacks’ with other IHG promotions and is usually excellent value.
– the pilot for airberlin last long-haul flight celebrated in a bit precarious manner – skirting the DUS control tower by just 100 yards
– if you have had a flight from the EU AND had a delay causing you to miss a connection you can now claim EU261 compensation
Up until now non-EU carriers (i.e. many Gulf carriers) did not pay out EU261 compensation when your final destination was through a connection. i.e. you started in Dublin, transited in Abu Dhabi and flew on to Phuket.
Th carriers argued that no EU compensation was due since the second flight outside of EU regulation made thee claim obsolete. The EU courts (predictably) ruled against them. Check your options as it can be almost $700 per ticket even in Economy!
– as Virgin is divesting from aviation it has found a new way to invest in transport – the Hyperloop One is now Virgin Hyperloop One
Let’s hope we all get to try it soon!
– bookings on Turkish Airlines for passengers flying between the US and Turkey are down 45% – now wonder if getting a visa is suddenly an adventure
There is no reason to believe Turkey will bow down anytime soon. But there is much more money at stake (in total and in relation to GDP) for Turkey.
Keep in mind that you can still get a visa for Turkey outside the US. The suspension of visa issuance are for Turkish consulates in America NOT consulates outside of the US. Confusingly though the eVisa service has been suspended too.
– the IHG Online Shopping Mall offers 4 points per dollar spent when you buy Apple products (i.e. anew iPhone)