– United is attacking Volaris fares from the SF Bay Area and Sacramento, Fresno with $238 RT fares to Mexico (yes United includes a bag)
– the airBerlin topbonus program now has also filed for bankruptcy – earning and redeeming is on hold – we will have to see if majority owner Etihad will merge it with Etihad Guest eventually
– Grabcar is the app to get around in South East Asia – there is seemingly a car right next to you all the time – now the company is pushing into Myanmar
The average ride in South East Asia is just around $1.50 – and there seems no reason it will go up. Not an easy business environment.
– Germany’s incredibly high air transportation tax (instituted as a gift to teh Green party) is coming under pressure and may hopefully go away soon
– Qantas has big plans to fly longer routes and is improving Business and Economy Class cabins – it is about time!
– I haven’t used AAdvantage miles to Europe in a long time but there is some award space now if you are dying to use your miles