China Eastern Business Class to Asia under $2,000 RT from New York, Qatar abandons American investment, Uber drivers rig surge fares in New York City, Juno and Gett merge w $20 free rides, Lufthansa record profit
– China Eastern has good fares from New York City to most of South East Asia starting at $1,980 Round Trip earning 175%/200% on Delta Skymiles.
– Qatar is abandoning plans to invest in American Airlines – that wasn’t their smartest move anyways
– Uber drivers in New York City have figured out how to make surge pricing happen out of nowhere – shocker!
– second tier ride sharing services Gett and Juno have merged and offer $20 to all customers to try out the new service
– another airline with record profits – this time it is Lufthansa!
Lufthansa’s net profit between April and June stood at 740 million euros ($875 million), up more than 69 percent from its 2016 second quarter, the company announced Wednesday. Operating, or underlying profit reached one billion euros on the back of 9.3 billion euros in total revenue.