I had a great time with Frontier (Review) when I flew a few weeks ago. Do not hesitate – but remember to bring no bags!
– American Airlines is considering unbundled ‘Basic Economy’ fares to better compete with Norwegian and WOW Air http://ift.tt/2wE9GsA
– meanwhile Norwegian is following WOW Air and just released 200,000 seats for $89 from the US to Europe!
– Qantas is likely adding flights from Brisbane to the US using their new 787s – no details have yet emerged
– Qantas Points can now be used when booking El Al flights (what an odd combination) and teh redemption rates are good – Qantas is a 1:1 partner of Citibank Thank You
– COPA Airlines is finally taking part in TSA Pre – something I found a major downside in my COPA Economy Review downside when using their service from Los Angeles last year
– Air Berlin is finally cutting their long haul network (where they have lost money for years) starting Oct 1st. This won’t be the last cut.
The oneworld member will shut down double-daily Berlin-Abu Dhabi services by Sept. 17 and Oct. 1. Berlin-Chicago O’Hare services will cease from Sept. 30.
“Airberlin will close Berlin-Los Angeles and Berlin-San Francisco services four weeks earlier than originally planned, now from Oct. 1 onward,” the spokesperson added.
In other news topbonus is upbeat about a relaunch as soon as ‘new redemption options’ open up.