– American Airlines is ending codeshares with Qatar and Etihad – a largely symbolical move so far but redeeming AAdvantage miles with Etihad may soon come to an end
It’s too early to say if politics now are playing a bigger role than business for American. The Etihad codeshare was always rumored to end soon and Qatar may have just overplayed their hand by calling out American Airlines (the worlds biggest airline) constantly.
– United Airlines has now implemented a system that contacts passengers booked on a potentially oversold flight to make changes before they even get to the airport – apparently $250 vouchers are up for grabs if you are flexible
That bumping story back in April must have really scared management.
– EgyptAir and Royal Air Maroc have also been let off the laptop ban after implementing the new security measures that run electronics through an explosives testing
– Nigeria’s recession seems to be easing and the Qatar ban is helping Etihad fill more planes
– the Radisson N’Djamena, Chad is now open – providing a great base if you make it out to the Chad