Really good Southwest sale (and we mean it!), Amex offers for your summer hotel stays, will United be the world’s best airline?, guess the cost of the BA outage
– Southwest has way too many sales – so we just don’t post them here but this one for their 46th birthday seems better than others
– American Express has a number of new offers for JW Marriott, Hilton and other hotel chains – I got targeted for $60 off $300 at any US Hilton
– believe it or not but Easyjet is seriously interested in Alitalia – I wonder what they gonna do with it?
– Oscar Munoz does what he does best – give an upbeat message and inspire optimism
I flew United a number of times this year and saw a much improved operational record. Employees have lost their usual negativity and some even provided real customer service. The on-time performance was fantastic despite other airlines (incl. Delta) suffering major delays.
I think United has a real shot in the next 18 months to pull ahead of American and Delta with their much better route network and stronger alliance partners.
– funny how every comes up with $100 million as a cost for the BA outage – seems like a safe number
This also shows us how big an airline business is if a single weekend is $100 in revenue. Airlines are an ‘oil business’.