Etihad cancels SFO service, surprising Qatar availability, United’s Basic Economy catching on, Indigo makes 10x on Wizzair?, China Airlines retires last A340, Lufthansa’s fares to nowhere
– as expected Etihad is cancelling the San Francisco service in October 2017 – sad news for San Francisco flyers
– I find Qatar Airways award availability atrocious lately – but it seems seats have come back now!
– United’s Basic Economy is pretty barebone (no miles, no carry-ons) and it is expensive but it seems people are buying it nevertheless – I would not be surprised of United switches widely to Basic Economy fares next year
– low cost airline specialist investor Indigo successfully exists the Wizzair investment – sounds like a 10x to me!
A statement to the London Stock Exchange (LSE) on Thursday, June 15, said the US low-cost carrier investment specialists sold their 10.7 million ordinary shares for 2,320 pence per Placing Share to unspecified institutional investors via an accelerated bookbuild process. The placement, which will raise approximately GBP249 million (USD317.1 million), is expected to close on or around June 19, 2017.
– China Airlines is retiring it’s last A340 this week – really looking forward to fly their 777 and A350 soon
– Lufthansa now let’s you book fares to nowhere (they won’t disclose the location, just the category)