– the new U.S. Bank Altitude card is now live and you can apply right here.
The card is supposedly only open to existing U.S. bank customers but the public application link looks exactly the same as when you go through the U.S. Bank customer service interface. There is no mention of this requirement on the public application link.
I just applied and got a pending message. Apparently if you only have a credit card (like me) the computer says ‘no existing relationship’ (it seems to only look into checking/ savings accounts). I called the US Bank reconsideration line at 800 947-1444 and the friendly agent knew the problem and set up the application within seconds for another review and a decision is supposed to be made within 24 hours. We did not talk about credit – this might be another re-consideration call later.
– Bank of America and Alaska Airlines have improved their companion offer if you sign up for an Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan credit card in May or June
Buy one ticket, get one for just the taxes and fees ($0 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22) after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening
– an Aeroflot 777 got in some major clean air turbulence last night about one hour North of Bangkok
The shaking was so quick and violent that several passengers had to be hospitalized after their arrival.
While sudden clean air turbulence can occur anytime the area west of Bangkok is a major turbulence hub. Another one is south/ south-east of Japan which always seems to deliver lost of turbulence. The biggest turbulence I ever had was actually over Scotland on a late fall day.
– DL188 flying from Beijing had an engine fire (that seemed to be contained easily though) and returned to the airport without further incident
– Kenya Airways is finally coming to the US on their own planes – let’s hope its more than just JFK
– Swiss and Lufthansa abandon the two person cockpit rule – you’ll never guess the reason – safety!
– if you fly a lot on AirBerlin this promotion might be helpful – up to 13,000 miles – let’s hope Air Berlin is around long enough to make use of those!
Recommended for you:
- My Favorite Flights and Award Redemptions for 2017
- Get 100,000 Bonus Membership Rewards points with The Business Platinum Card from American Express
- Great credit cards offers for November 2015
- Check in for these Alitalia MilleMiglia award chart gems
- Two great American Express credit card offers, fly to Cebu for just $362 RT, Emirates cancels (some) Maldives fares, Aeroplan now blocking redemptions on Swiss?, Singapore Airlines loss, Alaska adds more Mexico flights, Air Berlin starts Los Angeles form Berlin
- Automated Bank of America locations and Alaska Airlines Visa Signature 30,000 bonus miles
- How to Get a Lie-Flat to Africa Part I: JNB and DKR
- Award Booking Adventures – Unable to Book Japan Airlines with Alaska miles and Kenya Airways with Delta SkyMiles and Cathay’s new rules
- Delta’s buying spree, Etihad conquers Lufthansa, 50k Lufthansa card, topBonus 1,500 miles redemptions, Remitly $40 promo & 35% Bonus Avios
- How to book Flying Blue awards without (or with very low) fuel surcharges
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Air Berlin | airberlin | airlines | AIRPORT | Airways | Alaska Airlines | Bangkok | Bangkok flight | Bank of America | Berlin | Card | credit | Credit Card | fees | Flight | improved | Japan | JFK | Kenya | Kenya Airways | lufthansa | Mileage Plan | miles | offer | promotion | review | SWISS | U.S. Bank
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |