– Expedia has a $50 off coupon for $200 or more in hotels booked. Book by Saturday, use coupon code: CINCO50.
– Discover has interesting news for all of us
Thank you for enrolling on October 02, 2015 in our promotional offer of 10% Cashback Bonus® on up to $10,000 in Discover® card purchases made with Discover card in Apple Pay from September 16, 2015 to December 31, 2015. Based on an internal review, we have decided to award you additional Cashback Bonus related to this promotion. It will appear on your statement within the next two billing cycles.
Thank you for choosing Discover and enjoy your Cashback Bonus.
The only logical explanation is that Discover has had a few lawsuits from card holders that bought gift cards during the promotion but never received any cashback as Discover changed teh terms during the promotion.
– Etihad seems crazy about Air Berlin and just approved another $382 loan
Air Berlin (AB, Berlin Tegel) published its annual report this week, revealing a loan from major shareholder Etihad Airways (EY, Abu Dhabi Int’l) for EUR350 million (USD382.5 million). The Abu Dhabi-based carrier now has an exposure to Air Berlin of almost EUR2 billion (USD2.19 billion), reports Bloomberg.
Air Berlin’s annual report states that on April 28, 2017, Etihad granted the loan facility to the German carrier until December 31, 2021. Etihad additionally committed to providing support for Air Berlin’s financial obligations for 18 months from April 28, 2017.
Etihad isn’t dumb – what seems to go on is that they are trying to protect their initial investment in the company and the restricting they pulled off was pretty dramatic.
It also seems that the codeshare deal with Air Berlin is hugely profitable for Etihad (and leaves Air Berlin just with crumbs).
– Skift has some interesting numbers on the state of the US hotel industry that is largely stagnant
Gross operating profits rose the most for hotels located in the Mountain/Pacific region (7 percent) and the South Atlantic region (6.1 percent). Hotels in the South Central region of the U.S. saw gross operating profits drop by 0.4 percent.
Corgel noted that the “depressed energy industry” hurt hotels in Texas, while “technology continues to drive the economy in California.”
– OK, airline magazines aren’t that exciting but this issue of the Cathay Pacific Discovery magazine has a number of film locations where Cathay flies to
– we all knew that VDB vouchers can be gamed – this lady is the first to walk home with more than $10,000 in vouchers – happy flying!