– Oman Air currently has excellent Business Class deals from Europe (Paris and Munich) to destinations in Malaysia incl. Borneo
We found Munich to Miri for $1,479 but also Labuan, Malaysia works for similar prices. These fares usually work one-way for about half the price.
– ANA offers free WiFi (including Economy Class passengers) on selected flights – check if your flight is covered by the promotion
– American Express is adding benefits to ALL their Platinum cards starting March 30th, 2017
· Uber Rides with Platinum: Through an exclusive Uber in-app experience, Card Members will receive up to $200 in annual credits for rides within the U.S., as well as VIP status where available.
· 5X Membership Rewards: In addition to the recently unveiled 5X points for flights when booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel, Card Members will receive 5X Membership Rewards points for eligible hotel bookings.
The annual fee is jumping from $450 to $550 for any application/renewal date after March 30th.
I spend several hundred dollars on Uber every month – so this benefit is awesome for me. Keep in mind that American Express will allow just $15 per month (December is $35) for this benefit. The 5x on hotel sounds better than it is as it requires you to make prepaid reservations through amextravel.com
– JetBlue runs a transfer promotion from Citi ThankYou points – get 750 points instead of 500
The TrueBlue program does not have too much value on the West Coast and because of its capped redemption values. But you can also get 5,000 points when you sign up these days.
– Almost missed that – United added service to 22 new destinations – if you think the airline is now connecting many more exciting cities all over the planet – no they added mostly destinations like Sonoma, CA (under 50 miles from San Francisco)
– American Express and Indeed.com have an offer inside your Amex Portal for $100 OFF $100 advertising spend – this is a 100% – never seen that before
-did you know that the US government spends absurd amounts for deporting people from the US?
– an Air Berlin plane had ‘Smoke in the cockpit‘ on a recent flight but made a safe emergency landing in Daytona