– Norwegian has opened up the fares for their new routes from Ireland and the UK to the US East Coast airports of Stewart International Airport, Providence Airport, and Bradley International Airport – starting at $73!
In total, Norwegian will launch 10 new routes with 38 new weekly transatlantic flights this summer from Edinburgh, Belfast, Cork, Shannon and Dublin. The flights will serve three destinations on the US east coast, with a focus on smaller US airports – these airports offer good access into the New York, Boston and New England areas but carry significantly lower landing charges, allowing Norwegian to offer some truly affordable fares that will allow as many people as possible to fly.
The new transatlantic routes will be operated on brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft – Norwegian is the European launch customer for this state-of-the-art new aircraft which offers a longer range and greater seat capacity than existing single-aisle aircraft. Passengers will be able to travel in a fresh and modern single-class economy cabin with hot and cold food options available to purchase onboard.
These new routes will use the new 737-MAX aircraft and will be one of the few single-aisles transatlantic services. Edinburgh would be highest on my list besides Dublin.
This is a big move for Norwegian and comes after a three year delay in getting the rights to fly.
– Air Asia has a number of dates (we found them in November) with ~$110 One-Way fares from/to Kuala Lumpur to Honolulu – the Round Trip is available for $222 – Amazing!
– Air France/ Flying Blue has a 50% bonus on buying miles
– Delta is putting more money to work and is soon the proud owner of 32% of AeroMexico
– Swiss has plenty of Business Class seats available for the transatlantic crossing using United Mileage Plus but oddly no seats show up with Aeroplan
– another interesting way to get the sign-up bonus from Citi outside the 24 months rule is to find an ‘unrestricted application link’ from the list of pre-approvals. You can access the Citi pre-approval website here. (HT DoC)
Recommended for you:
- Featured – Another Delta Sweet Double – 127,000 miles with two limited-time credit card offers – and here is what we would do with it
- My Favorite Flights and Award Redemptions for 2017
- Get 100,000 Bonus Membership Rewards points with The Business Platinum Card from American Express
- How to book Flying Blue awards without (or with very low) fuel surcharges
- Interview with Faith Case from milesmomma.com
- Interview with Grant Thomas from TravelwithGrant.com
- Great Business Class fares from Kunming, China, Hilton completes new Honors roll-out, United Mileage Plus buy miles bonus, 50,000 Citibank AAdvantage card
- Book a Delta flight from Seattle and get double miles and double MQM
- Which airlines fly the A380 in First Class – and how you can book yourself a ticket using miles
- An introduction to Air France/KLM – Flying Blue, Award Chart, Award Availability, Fuel Surcharges & Destinations
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Aeromexico | Air Asia | Air France | aircraft | AIRPORT | Airports | Asia | bonus | brand | BUSINESS CLASS | buying miles | Card | citibank | credit | Credit Card | Delta | destinations | Economy | Edinburgh | European | fares | flights | Flying Blue | France | Honolulu | Hot | Ireland | Kuala Lumpur | miles | New York | Norwegian | offer | offers | Round Trip | summer | SWISS | travel | United Mileage Plus
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |