Table of Contents
What’s the deal with citicards.com?
In the world of travel, free points or miles that can be redeemed for flights or hotels is a huge deal. The easiest way to earn large amounts is usually by opening a new credit card and meeting the minimum spend. These days, savvy consumers can earn plenty of free hotel stays and airfares, but first wading through the sea of credit card offers can be a daunting task.
Citi often offers decent sign-up bonuses for its travel reward credit cards as well as some excellent card benefits for travelers. We had a look to see the deals available right now, to help you travel the world for cheaper.
When searching travel reward credit cards on Citi, there’s currently four AAdvantage cards, two Expedia cards, two Hilton HHonors cards and two ThankYou Rewards cards:
- Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard – Earn 50,000 miles
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard – Earn 50,000 miles
- CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard – Earn 50,000 miles
- Citi / AAdvantage Gold World Elite MasterCard – Earn 25,000 miles
- Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card – Earn 2 weekend nights
- Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card – Earn 40,000 points
Tell me more about the citicards.com offers…
There really isn’t a perfect travel rewards credit card, as they all tend to offer different benefits for different travelers. However, of the above Citi travel credit cards, there is a perennial favorite that stands out – the Citi Prestige.
The Citi Prestige is a solid choice, with excellent benefits and a decent sign-up bonus. You can currently get 40,000 ThankYou points (worth $640 toward American Airlines flights booked through Citi) when you spend $4,000 in 3 months. You can also redeem your points for flights with other airlines or for gift cards, but they’re worth more on AA flights.
The $450 annual fee is high, but the fantastic benefits easily make up for it:
- Annual 4th consecutive night free at any hotel of your choice
- $250 air travel credit to use on anything
- Free access to hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass Select
- No foreign transaction fees
- $100 Global Entry application fee reimbursed
With this card, you earn 3x on air travel and hotels, 2x on entertainment and dining and 1x on all other purchases.
How do I get the citicards.com offer for the Citi Prestige?
What else do I need to know about the citicards.com offer for the Citi Prestige?
Previous sign-up bonuses for this card have been between 30,000 and 60,000 points, with a varying minimum spend. It may well be worth waiting for a higher bonus to appear again…